Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Back to that divine free-time.

It's a very mature thing to recognize your inability to change people. I cannot emphasize it enough in my own life. I find myself trying so hard to help or fix people even by the "right methods" though I know that God makes the biggest impressions on their mind. First, I tried to learn what God wants me to do; the way He wants me to work with people, and then tried to carry that out myself -independent of Him. But He wants me to just hold His hand continually, and He will give me pointers as I put one foot in front of the other. So now I will not live in self confidence (though some say it's good), but I will live in the confidence of being present with God all the time.

3 Comments:

At May 25, 2007 9:03 PM, Blogger gracie. said...

wow jere...i thoroughly understand what you've written here..

 
At June 04, 2007 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is being out of the box: letting God take your hand to accomplish things. It will test your faith, stretch your ability, blind your own reason and understanding as you follow Him. You learn to expect do things totally different, have to wait to recieve, be strengthened to recieve all at once, or taking hold of life with everything you've got because "God has not given you a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Tim. 2:7

 
At September 04, 2007 7:03 AM, Blogger Staci said...

Came across your blog and enjoyed reading it. Your insights about priorities and putting God first were awesome! Courage in the narrow way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home