Friday, January 26, 2007

Sachy's Wisdom

My friend said something this morning that just clicked like a cocking shot-gun. Wham!
The dudes marched around Jericho while they WAITED seven days. Oh, then there was a seismic shift in the earth's surface and the whole city imploded (yeah, that's cool, but that's not the point). The point is that they were walking AND waiting.
I MUST wait for God. But that patience is active. Paul the apostle said to -this is verbatim-, "run with patience".
Now that's dumb! /: When I run it's in a hurry! That's like "hurry up and wait." But God satisfies our urge to move by telling us to get up and RUN! Just don't be in a hurry to get anywhere. When I'm running in trust and patiently waiting, that's when I step in the puddle He wants me to. When I finally get what I am reaching for after miles of running and waiting for Him, I find out that I got a bunch of good things that He wanted for me along the way.
I can't run with an agenda, only a God directive; trust.
Maybe a bit confusing and hard to pull off, but very cool.

-Yore Truly

1 Comments:

At June 22, 2007 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was encouraging to read....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home